- Mixing processes in the Southern Ocean and Kuroshio Extension.
- Satellite oceanography from altimeter and eddying-model fidelity.
- Mesoscale/submesoscale eddies and jet/striations: Their characteristics, consequences in mixing and global energy cycle, and interactions with large-scale circulation.
- The role of the ocean in the climate system: How does the ocean interact with the atmosphere and cryosphere at mesoscales and submesoscales?
- Fundamental geophysical fluid dynamics.
- B.S., June, 2006: Ocean University of China,
- Ph.D., Feb. 2013: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)-Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) Joint Program