- Aerosol variability and radiative forcing
- Land-ocean-atmosphere coupling
- Climate variability of the tropics and tropical cyclones
- Cloud feedbacks
- Remote sensing
- B.S., Oregon State University
- M.S., University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin - Madison
Honors and Awards
- 2006 Lettau Award for outstanding MS Thesis, Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- 2009 NOAA-CIMSS Collaboration Award, Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies, University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- 2009 Colloquium Student Service Award for creative dedication to the department's intellectual life, Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- 2011 National Academy of Sciences invitation to the 1st Arab-American Frontiers of Science, Engineering, and Medicine symposium.
- 2012 Maury-Tice Award for Faculty Research, Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Virginia.
- Yu, Qin (Post Doc; 2012-2013)
- Palko, Diane (Undergrad; 2011-2012)
- Lynn, Stacy (Masters; 2010-2012)
- Ostendorff, Anna (Masters; 2010-2012)
- Rawley, Justin (Undergrad; 2010-2011)
- Strong, Jeffery (Undergrad; 2010-2011)
- Wang, Weijie (Masters; 2010-2012)